Catalyst™ 7.7 releases a number of new Avivo features and enhancements which optimize video playback and display configuration. These include
- Enhanced video color pages with two new color controls1: flesh tone correction and color vibrance
- Enhanced video quality pages with easier to use deinterlacing controls and layout
- Simplified Theater Mode2 controls, layout and now supporting Windows Vista
- Enhanced quick settings for video controls (available through the basic layout in Catalyst™ Control Center)
- Easy to use display scaling controls2 when outputting to display devices that support TV timings (480i/p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p) through either digital (DVI or HDMI) or analog (component) interfaces
1These features are only available on the ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 series using Windows Vista.
2These features are only available on the ATI Radeon™ X1000 series and HD 2000 series
This release of Catalyst™ introduces support for 12X and 24X Anti-Aliasing for the ATI Radeon™ HD 2900 XT, and ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 Series. These new Anti-Aliasing settings are available through the new Anti-Aliasing Edge Detect Filter. Selecting 4X Anti-Aliasing plus selecting the Edge Detect filter deliver the equivalent of 12X Anti-Aliasing. Selecting 8X Anti-Aliasing plus selecting the Edge Detect filter deliver the equivalent of 24X Anti-Aliasing.
The ATI Radeon™ HD2400, HD2600 and HD2900 (single and CrossFire™) can see performance improvements of 13.2% or more in various Far Cry maps.
- Catalyst™ 7.7 Display Driver for Windows Vista (32 bit)
- Catalyst™ 7.7 Display Driver for Windows Vista (64 bit)